Today’s news is coming in bite-sized chunks again. Covering everything from a shortage of iPods to Arabic calligraphy to a possible breakthrough involving mucus in mice intestines. Enjoy!
- Stock Up On Your Apple Gear Now – Apple Insider warns that Apple is informing their resellers there will be a drought in the coming weeks.
- Google testing “AdSense for Games” in bid to shake up in-game advertising – Today GOOG has made few inroads into in-game adverts, the sleeping giant is awakening.
- Gmail certificate expiry snafu follows security upgrade – OOPS, Google allowed one of its Gmail SSL certificates to expire days after promising users improved webmail security
- Connect Four type. Remember the popular children’s game Connect Four? Here’s an interesting take on that game for a unique type.
- Arabic calligraphy as a typographical exercise. This is one of my favorite blogs, if you dig fonts and the creativity behind getting the type just right, you should subscribe.
- Cracks appear in ice under Mars lander. How cool would it be if the cracks extended, and the weight of the craft broke through the ice plunging into water?
- Smart Contact Lenses. “Smart” contact lenses that measure pressure within the eye and dispense medication accordingly could be made possible using a new material developed by biomedical engineers at UC Davis.
- New technique to compress light could open doors for optical communications. Potentially opening doors to new technology in the fields of optical communications, miniature lasers and optical computers.
- Mucous breakthrough in mice holds promise for cystic fibrosis. A scientist successfully corrected the defect which causes the overproduction of intestinal mucous in mice.
- Go to Space With Your Frequent Flier Miles. Virgin Atlantic is offering customers with truckloads of points to compete for a chance to go sub-orbital on SpaceShipTwo. Beats using your points to buy a bundt cake
- Forever Geek points out this awesome Red Sonja poster
- How Snakes Got Their Fangs, oh sure we all were wanting to know this, right?
- Cardboard Cat Chaise. This is just goofy. But damn, it’s cool.