Today’s news is coming in bite-sized chunks again. Covering everything from a shortage of iPods to Arabic calligraphy to a possible breakthrough involving mucus in mice intestines. Enjoy!
– Stock Up On Your Apple Gear Now – Apple Insider warns that Apple is informing their resellers there will be a drought in the coming weeks.
– Google testing “AdSense for Games” in bid to shake up in-game advertising – Today GOOG has made few inroads into in-game adverts, the sleeping giant is awakening.
– Gmail certificate expiry snafu follows security upgrade – OOPS, Google allowed one of its Gmail SSL certificates to expire days after promising users improved webmail security
– Connect Four type. Remember the popular children’s game Connect Four? Here’s an interesting take on that game for a unique type.
– Arabic calligraphy as a typographical exercise. This is one of my favorite blogs, if you dig fonts and the creativity behind getting the type just right, you should subscribe.
– Cracks appear in ice under Mars lander. How cool would it be if the cracks extended, and the weight of the craft broke through the ice plunging into water?
– Smart Contact Lenses. “Smart” contact lenses that measure pressure within the eye and dispense medication accordingly could be made possible using a new material developed by biomedical engineers at UC Davis.
– New technique to compress light could open doors for optical communications. Potentially opening doors to new technology in the fields of optical communications, miniature lasers and optical computers.
– Mucous breakthrough in mice holds promise for cystic fibrosis. A scientist successfully corrected the defect which causes the overproduction of intestinal mucous in mice.
– Go to Space With Your Frequent Flier Miles. Virgin Atlantic is offering customers with truckloads of points to compete for a chance to go sub-orbital on SpaceShipTwo. Beats using your points to buy a bundt cake
– Forever Geek points out this awesome Red Sonja poster
– How Snakes Got Their Fangs, oh sure we all were wanting to know this, right?
– Cardboard Cat Chaise. This is just goofy. But damn, it’s cool.
Latest posts by Andy (see all)
- BEST SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS TO CONSIDER FOR BUSINESS VISIBILITY - March 27, 2018
- Early Earthquake Warnings Through Gravity Waves - December 4, 2017
- Tech billionaires spent $170 million on a new kind of school — now classrooms are shrinking and some parents say their kids are ‘guinea pigs’ - November 28, 2017