Quickly Lock Your Windows PC
For years I’ve been using the Windows+L key combination to lock my workstation. Recently I stumbled across this neat trick. Create a shortcut on your quick launch toolbar that will lock the workstation for you.
1. Right click on your deksotp and select New, Shortcut
2. Paste this text in – rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation
3. Click next and type a name for the shortcut, like maybe Lock
4. Click Finish
5. You can right click on your new shortcut and change the icon (there is a lock icon as part of the collection in %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll)
6. Drag the icon to your taskbar