If you use the Windows Command Shell a lot (cmd.exe) then you may already know that in previous versions of Windows if you put the focus on CMD and hit ALT+ENTER, that the command window goes to full screen mode, really nice. Especially for devices running Windows that want to replace the Explorer Shell with Command Shell.
In any case, I tried this the other day on Vista and this was the unpleasant response below, sigh. Looks like it’s not supported.
As long as we’re on the subject of CMD.exe, here’s a couple of CMD tips:
- To make reading the console easier I usually set green font on black background or yellow on black.
- Set screen buffer size to 9000 so you don’t lose important info off the screen
- Use the UP and DOWN arrows to walk up and down the command buffer
Latest posts by Andy (see all)
- Google Employee Develops DIY Android-Powered First Prototype Bathroom Mirror - February 8, 2016
- You can now stream movies from The Pirate Bay & Popcorn Time - February 8, 2016
- Tips for building an audience for a niche product online - February 8, 2016