If you use the Windows Command Shell a lot (cmd.exe) then you may already know that in previous versions of Windows if you put the focus on CMD and hit ALT+ENTER, that the command window goes to full screen mode, really nice. Especially for devices running Windows that want to replace the Explorer Shell with Command Shell.
In any case, I tried this the other day on Vista and this was the unpleasant response below, sigh. Looks like it’s not supported.
As long as we’re on the subject of CMD.exe, here’s a couple of CMD tips:
- To make reading the console easier I usually set green font on black background or yellow on black.
- Set screen buffer size to 9000 so you don’t lose important info off the screen
- Use the UP and DOWN arrows to walk up and down the command buffer
Latest posts by Andy (see all)
- Why retro gaming is having a revival - February 17, 2017
- Professional PowerPoint Templates to Make Your Presentations Amazing - February 8, 2017
- How to Set Up a Quality Speaker System Properly - February 1, 2017