I received a solicitation in my inbox just a minute ago from VMware for beta testers of ‘Player 2’. I’ve copied a portion of the mail below, I like the fact it has USB 2.0 support and Vista as a guest as well.
If you’re interested, go to the VMware Player Beta Program page, click the ‘download’ link, complete a form and you’re ready to party.
I have to give some props to VMware Player, I’m using it to host Ubuntu on my home Vista box and yesterday upgraded Ubuntu from 6.10 to 7.04 Feisty
Dawn Fawn, it was actually a pleasant experience!
As an existing VMware Player software user, VMware is happy to announce that Player 2.0 Release Candidate is now available.
Included are several new and exciting features, such as:
- Experimental support for 2-way Virtual SMP assigns more than a single CPU to a virtual machine.
- Share data seamlessly between the virtual machine and host computer.
- Windows Vista support as a host and guest OS.
- Support for USB 2.0 devices allow you to use high speed performance peripherals within your virtual machine like MP3 Players.
- Appliance view allows you to start a virtual appliance and review brief description and other relevant information provided by the appliance author.
- New Home Page allows you to open existing virtual appliances or browse any of the 425 virtual appliances in the VMware Virtual Appliance Marketplace.
- Broad host and guest OS support includes over 60 supported 32- and 64-bit guest OSs.
Questions or comments? Please visit the Discussion forum.
Latest posts by Andy (see all)
- Clever risking makes sense. How to win and keep eye on your safety - December 7, 2016
- 7 Essential Tech Gadgets You Need for College - December 1, 2016
- Showing Your Love For Gaming Like Never Before - November 30, 2016